Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Scary Scary Crunch-Time!


This is the terrifying story about the graphic designer who wound up wearing a lame costume at Halloween! muaahahahaha!... ok that was just sad. Anyway, i'm posting this because i was wondering if its just me or does everyone have a hard time picking up their costume. I NEVER LIKE ANYTHING. The idea has to feel completely original to me, otherwise i don't like it even if it has proven to be a badass costume. Also I think it has to represent me. If it's meant to be a witty costume, it has to match my type of wittiness. if it has to be a scary costume, it has to match my type of scariness. i don't know if this could possibly be related to how i am as a design... but i'm starting to think it does. and this is really affecting my "delivery" during parties.
There are some setbacks that also influence my final costume decision. The first problem i notice is that it takes ages for me to settle for one idea or to like one. i would get excited by a costume one day only to discard it the next day. but let's say i agree on one costume. During the process of gathering the elements and materials i will need, I start to discourage myself into embarking on the project; due to availability, malleability, and comfortableness (how am I gonna drink or go to the bathroom). Let's assume I somehow figure out these problems and don't get discouraged on doing it. by the time I'm ready to start the building process i realize it's already too late and i have to rush things. And the final product ends up being... well... okay... a cool idea; but poorly executed. I do find some scary similarities on how we are supposed to tackle projects. You have to settle for an idea you want represent, then you have to gather all the resources you can find about the certain project and filter it into what is going to be best. And after you have figure it out, its production time. So, I think the key for a succesful Halloween costume and for a formidable designed campaign is... time management.
Anyway, i was wondering if any of you go through some similar setbacks, or if there's a part of you that also influences your decisions. Also check out the link for time management article if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment